Wednesday, December 27, 2006

slightly different survey

I'm bored and distracted, so am snagging this from dpoem's blog.  Besides, he won't mind someone advertising it again  Me Meme!

1. When you looked at yourself in the mirror today, what was the first thing you thought?
    Hasn't this zit gone away yet?  Wow, too much white moisturizer. 

2. How much cash do you have on you?
    Zero.  In my purse, um, $25.42, which is more than usual.

3. What’s a word that rhymes with DOOR?
    Floor, score, four score. 

4. Favorite planet?
Planet?   Can I just stick to the moon?  I can see the moon, even in the telescope with my bad eyes and these old handmedown eyeglasses, the moon is still clearest.  I'll have to think about this.  Maybe I'll pick Pluto, yanno, as it's been demoted lately.  (http://blagsta.com/pluto)
5. Who is the 4th person on your missed call list on your cell phone?
Fourth?  It doesn't say, that I can tell.  Maybe that fourth person was from too many days ago to still show up.   I don't give out that number to just anyone.

6. What is your favorite ring tone on your phone?
On MINE?   None.   I really should download some sometime.   M could help me, I'm sure, lol.   Wonder what one she'd want for her, still Sponge Bob?

7. What shirt are you wearing?
Light pinkish with an embroidered Winnie the Pooh with blowing leaves, and a fake serpa vest.    Hey, I wore a tank top and sweater yesterday. 

8. Do you label yourself?
    No.  I know my name already.  ;)  I don't care to be confined within a label.

9. Name the brand of the shoes you’re currently wearing?
    Socks.  The color of my shirt, of course.

10. Bright or Dark Room?
    At the moment, it's bright.  My preference is natural or soft lighting, sunset or sunrise, firelight, candlelight, especially reflecting upon water or off of fine architecture.

11. What do you think about the person who took this survey before you?
    He keeps us entertained:)

12. What does your watch look like?   
It's a snap-bracelet with blue and green squares.  On each square are photos of a beagles face.   Yes, a young Irish Dancer sibling loves playing with it for, literally, hours at a time.  It was supposed to be my daughters watch but being I'm without a watch battery in my pink leather watch........  Then again, I usually just use my cell phone.

13. What were you doing at midnight last night?
    Either watching mindless t.v. or finally tired enough to sleep.   I didn't seek out my watch or cell phone to check the time ;)   I just snuggled and slept.

14. What did your last text message you received on your cell say?
    "get glue gun" 

15. Where is your nearest 7-11?
    A few blocks away.  

16. What’s a word that you say a lot?
    Not sure.   I don't listen to myself speak:)

17. Who told you he/she loved you last?
    My daughter.  Unless you count kitty kisses.

18. Last furry thing you touched?
    Perhaps Billy.   Maybe Daisy.  I try to hug each of our animals every day. 

19. How many drugs have you done in the last three days?
    I think I may have stopped the Sudafed and ibuprofen sometime during the last 3 days, and I had most of a glass of wine on Christmas Day with dinner.    That'd be it.  Nothing illegal.

20. How many rolls of film do you need developed?
    I may be down to one, perhaps two.   I did get M's disposable digital camera turned in:)  Maybe aol pictures will cooperate with me, finally.

21. Favorite age you have been so far?
    Possibly age 20.  I thought I needed desperately to be 21 years old so I could work in one of the bars in Santa Barbara that summer, but I think I had more fun memories from there the summer I was 20 not quite 21, plus back at University of Maryland, also.  No longer a freshman, andalmost but not quite out of there.

22. Your worst enemy?
    Myself.  (Ditto what Dan said!)   Well, and C isn't so fond of me but sheesz, let's get over that already, please.

23. What is your current desktop picture?
    This is for the technologically inclined, apparently.   My favorite one is somehow overridden by my second favorite one.  My favorite one shows various shots from Assateague/Chincoteague Island.
24. What was the last thing you said to someone?
    Hmm.  Verbally?  Something akin to, "Thanks, I know this took you a lot of time.  I can get them where they need to go now."

25. If you had to choose between a million bucks or to be able to fly what would it be?
    Being named Robin, I thought I COULD fly, for years.  I'd dream of it, and yet in real life, it didn't work out quite the same.   I'd have to fly, just have to.  Maybe money could come out of that somehow.
26. Do you like someone?
    Ah, yeah.  

27. The last song you listened to?
    Into the Ocean by Blue October

28. What time of day were you born?
     Fall Saturday, about 10 minutes after 8pm.  

29. What’s your favorite number?
    Ah, why would I give that away?

30. Where did you live in 1997?
    Maryland.

31. Are you jealous of anyone?
    No.

32. Is anyone jealous of you?
Sometimes, I'm not so sure.   I'm not clear why anyone would be.   One person who could be, should just focus on himself instead (if he is jealous of me).

33. Where were you when 9/11 happened?
    By the time of the second attack, at work, in my office in the DC suburbs, and NOT in our DC office where I had been working a previous year or for occasional meetings and such.   We were in lockdown, while we tried to watch what was going on and let relatives know we're safe, not in our DC office today, then we were kicked out.   I picked up M from her school and we went to a local park, beautiful evenwith sonic jets booming overhead.

34. What do you do when vending machines steal your money?
    If it seems the item is just stuck, themachines at work will spit that item out and the next one if more money is put in.   Or, I'll leave a note.  Outside of work, I try to report it, or if in a park or something, I think I'm going to call the # listed but typically I don't.

35. Do you consider yourself kind?
    Yes.

36. If you had to get a tattoo, where would it be?
    Somewhere discrete. ;)

37. If you could be fluent in any other language, what would it be?
   Hmmm, improve my ASL and Spanish, or learn Irish Gaelic?  Something new would be fun, usable or not.

38. Would you move for the person you loved?
    More that I'm agreeing NOT to move for the one I love (my daughter).  For a guy?   Sure, depending, but not until my daughter's grown.

39. Are you touchy feely?
    Eh, define that...... depends.   Not with random people.

40. What’s your life motto?
    "To thine own self be true, and therefore it shall follow that you can be false to no man." - Shakespeare.   I think?  That and, "This is the day that the Lord has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it."  Psalms something, I think.   lol

41. Name three things that you have on you at all times?
    ALL times?   My one bracelet.   MOST times?  My eyeglasses, my bracelets and rings and earrings, hair clip or tie, and socks, and my cell phone.

42. What’s your favourite town/city?
    Boston, Massachusetts.   I'm willing to travel more and get a new favorite:)

43. What was the last thing you paid for with cash?
    Two bagels, cream cheese, and a lemonade, for lunch with M yesterday.

44. When was the last time you wrote a letter to someone on paper and mailed it?
Typed, printed, and mailed, last night, business-wise.   Handwritten, in late November.   I haven't mailed it yet but I still plan to.   She lives in Australia, and really needs to get e-mail.

45. Can you changethe oil on a car?
     My former car, yes.  My current SUV, um, I can rationalize the cost-effectiveness not being worth it, but basically, no. 

46. Your first love: what is the last thing you heard about him/her?
He'd moved to Wisconsin and married a nurse.  Last I heard, his mother died of colon cancer about the same time my father was winning his battle with colon cancer.  

47. How far back do you know about your ancestry?
Not exactly a DAR but someone on one side traced us back about that far.   I can only recall so much. 

48. The last time you dressed fancy, what did you wear and why did you dress fancy?   
  The last ceili I remember being dressed up fancy for, was a Christmas ceili.  I'd been cut badly that December, from my eye to my lips.   I spent time covering it and the bandages up carefully.   My first real outing after scaring  a little girl in the local 7-11 I haven't been in since.   I'd found a spaghetti-strap dark green dress, of light material with 3 hemlines that flounced when I was spun around.   One of my friends there, asking me to dance, told me with a smile and his hand out for mine, that I looked "Devastating."  I felt better again then:)

And when Brian was in town, for his reunion over Labor Day weekend.   A long sleeveless black fitted dress, with a slit that goes up from the ankle to just above the knee, black heels and hose yes I found hose, lol.   A purple rhinestone-like "brooch" attached to my hair tied in a bun.   I forgot to tell him I'd been scarred.  

49. Does anything hurt on your body right now?
    Amazingly, I think NOT!

50. Have you been burned by love?
    Sure.

1 comment:

  1. Why does everyone's exes live in Wisconsin?  I thought they were all supposed to live in Texas.

    Great answers!

    -Dan
    http://journals.aol.com/dpoem/TheWisdomofaDistractedMind/

    ReplyDelete